Supplies That Your Pet Bird Needs Right Now
Whether this is your first time owning a pet bird or you just want to be sure that you are doing the right things, it is always essential to keep the correct supplies near you. Every tool and supply has their own needs and you never know when you are going to need them. It must be noted that petting a bird is not a very easy task. Birds are sensitive living beings and they require special attention in order to ensure they are doing well and leading a healthy life.
So, here is a list of all the essential Birds Pet Supplies that you are going to need right now –
- Right Food – birds always need a diet that has been rightly formulated. They need fresh fruits, vegetables and also some treats of beans, nuts or rice. You must avoid giving them alcohol, onion, chocolate, or anything fried. Consult with a vet and you will be able to understand the right balance of food items that is beneficial for the bird.
- Big Cage – birds are meant to be free and gliding their wings in the air. But, since you are interested to pet them, it is your duty to buy a cage as big as you can afford and keep your birds in it. This will give them ample space to flap their wings and make short flights. Also, the cage should be made of non toxic material and a bigger size always helps you to clean it more thoroughly.
- Put a Perch – your birds need a good place to sit and rest, right? So, you have to make them a perch. You can do it all by yourself. Take two branches of any tree and shave them clean. Now, hang them from two sides of the cage using a wire and your perch is ready. You can even buy ready-made perch from the pet store and place them in.
- Water and Food Bowls – the water and food bowl for the birds should always be separate from each other. Make sure that the bowls are made of non-toxic and Non-GMO materials. Also, if the bowls are wide instead of deep, then it will encourage the birds to eat more. Change the water bowl at least twice a day and replace it with fresh water. Don’t forget to clean the food and water bowls every alternate day. All these help to maintain good hygiene.
- Resting Place – birds also need a private resting place like anyone else. They also need privacy and tend to feel a lot safer when they can conceal themselves inside a hiding place. It is especially true during bad weather conditions that they need it the most. You can simply buy a resting place from the pet store or make one yourself with the help of cardboard.
So, these are the best bird supplies that you need to purchase right now. All of them help your birds to lead a better and healthy lifestyle. Therefore, don’t forget to bring them home!